Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Preventative Measures

This picture didn't turn out so hot, but it gives you an idea. We have been most grateful to our neighbor, Bob, who has been over repeatedly this winter snow-blowing our driveway. He also had a roof-rake that Jeff borrowed on Monday night to clear the snow off our garage. It's a super old, rickety garage with a flat roof. We've been hearing a lot of reports on the news about roofs collapsing. With 2 storms forecasted for this week, Jeff took some preemptive measures and cleared off the roof. Good thing as we've had another 6 or so inches with an icy mix.

Guess if the garage does collapse, perhaps insurance will pay for a new one. Just don't want that to happen while the car is in there. Jeff and I can just picture us having to call a cab to take us to the hospital.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been raking my roof for at least 32 years. Before I even moved into my first house in Jan. 1978 I had to chip ice dams off the roof!!!

Unknown said...

I have been raking my roof for at least 32 years. Before I even moved into my first house in Jan. 1978 I had to chip ice dams off the roof!!!

February 15, 2011 4:13 PM

Unknown said...

It is suppose to be Uncle Paul