Thursday, February 24, 2011

As It Stands

Well, I'm still here 6d post due date. I have my next OB appointment tomorrow where they'll do a fetal stress test to check on Baby O. I think he's fine though. Moving around quite a bit still, though there doesn't seem to be much room in there left for him. You'd think he'd want to come out.

I can't actually complain too much though because I feel pretty good overall. I don't have any back pain, my hips just get sore from sleeping on my side, so I have to shift quite a bit at night.

For those of you wondering, it is not safe for me to be induced because I've had a previous c-section. If I do go into labor naturally, they could potentially give pitocin to speed things along if needed. However, I cannot receive any cervical ripening agents as that would increase my risk for uterine rupture.

If Owen decides he doesn't want to come out on his own, I am scheduled for a c-section on Monday at 2pm. So, either way, we'll have him by then for sure.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

You are always in our thoughts!

Erin L. S. Johnson said...

Ah, little stinker!!! We're thinking of you! Can't wait for the birth announcement post! Best wishes for a smooth delivery!

Amber said...

I wanted to try for a VBAC after my first baby, but my blood pressure wasn't cooperating and I didn't have the patience to wait any past my due date. God's peace and a healthy delivery to you - however it comes. The outcome is still the same: a beautiful baby. Love you!