Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Last Week of Pure Fun

On Sunday, Anne and I ventured down to the Big Apple on the Bolt Bus to visit Jen while she was in town for 4 days before her next trip abroad. Anne did so great on the bus. I was so proud of her. Only bad part about the trip was that there was no changing station in the bus bathroom so I ended up changing her diaper on the the lid of the toilet with one arm holding onto her leg the entire time so she wouldn't slip away.

Thankfully, on the way back, the seat next to me was free and I just did a quick change-a-roo right there in the seat next to me. I figured if there were empty seats on the bus, mine would be one of them. Who wants to sit by a baby on a 4 hour bus ride. Apparently, no one, but they were the ones definitely missing out as she was a complete cherub and did great in both directions.

We had a great time in the city, just hanging out, doing some shopping and took a long walk in Central Park.

Jeff's mom will be coming into town this weekend to stay for my first 2 weeks back at work. I start back on the Tuesday after Labor Day. I'm not dreading it, by any means, but can't say I'm exactly looking forward to it either. I'm sure things will be fine once I get back into the swing of things. I just feel so far removed from my job right now and we've just been having so much fun having visitors and playing.


Anne riding the subway with Adam. He was so great with her and she just loved him!


Coal-fired pizza at Lombardi's. Yummy!

Anne loves to sit up and especially loves her bumb-o chair.


Jen told me I didn't need to bring a stroller and that she would just hold Anne the whole time. She was true to her word.



Anne "walking" in her new shoes from Thailand.

Uncle David gave Anne this outfit. I think it's super cute!


Anne striking a contemplative pose in her bum-bo seat.


She's finally starting to like her swing more which is great when I'm trying to make dinner. She especially likes swinging while listening to U2.

Dad gives great bathes. Seems she's always peeing in the bath water though...

No comments: