Sunday, September 6, 2009

Stimulation


I babysat for some friends this week. Katherine is 5 and Daniel is 3. Anne absolutely loved having them over and slept like a champ both of the nights. There was just so much activity and stimulation for her, makes me feel that daycare is going to be really good for her. One of the nights she slept 10 hours! Amazing.

Anne has been doing better and better during tummy-time. She's holding her head up so well and cooing more and more all the time. It's just so amazing to watch her grow and change from day to day.


Jeff's mom Ellen is here for 10 days. I'm hoping to get some painting done while she's here. I'm finding, most obviously that I'm not able to accomplish as much as I used to in the same amount of time. I'm not complaining, mind you, just coming to this new realization that all parents are well aware of. I wouldn't trade it for anything, it just an adjustment for this taskmaster to realize that the list for the day needs to be shorter and might not even be gotten to on some days.

I'm excited to get some color in this place though and have been getting many consults on paint chips as time goes by. I intend to "practice" in the office and then branch out into the living and dining rooms.

We had our Turkish friends from Illinois over for dinner last night. It was a very enjoyable evening. Always good company! Jeff even got Burak and Comert to play guitar hero. Apparently they're familiar with Metallica.



No comments: