Wednesday, June 27, 2012

We love to hike!









There's a good story for this picture.  When we first got to Acadia, we stopped by the visitor's center to get some information on hiking trails.  I talked with one of the park rangers while my little cherubs were running around to see if there might be a hike she would recommend to do with small children.  Again, this small children we with us.  Granted, we had packs and could carry them part way.  Little did we know that The Bubble Trail that she sent us on involved scaling up a couple of rock faces! Jeff amazed me with his scrambling abilities with a 30+ pound sleeping toddler strapped to his back.  I was nervous just climbing this deal myself, without a kid!  Thankfully there were some kind folks at the top that I was able to pass Anne off to.  Then, once we got up there, I started to get nervous thinking about how we were going to get down, because if the trail down the other side was anything like it, we were in trouble.  Thankfully, the down trail was much more gradual.  Somebody should really give that ranger a clue.  I actually did see her in another visitor center later in the trip, but didn't have the heart to say anything, but I guess for the safety of others in the future, I really should have.


Nonetheless, the view from the top was beautiful. 

No comments: