Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Outings


Well, it's been great to get out a bit now that I'm healing up and able to move about.

On Sunday we took Ron and Ellen to the Minuteman National Historic Park to see the sights involved in the start of the American Revolution. We also saw the spot where Paul Revere's ride ended. All of this is within about 10 miles of our home!

This week we have a bit of time to ourselves, though we are looking forward to our next round of visitors this weekend. My sister, Jaime, arrives on Friday night and will be here until Monday. This will be her first trip out to see us since we've moved and we're just so excited. Anne tells me every day how she can't wait to meet her Aunt Jaime. She'll get to meet her cousins in August. Though she has seen Reagan on the web cam.

My friend, Heather, from Belvidere, will be coming on Wednesday of next week. Anne is looking forward to meeting her middle namesake Auntie Heather, who just got married last week. Too bad, Uncle Adam can't come too :(.

I had my 2 week appointment today with my nurse practitioner who, of course, told me I'm likely doing too much if my incision hurts. I'm not one for sitting around though, so I'm trying to be a good patient and taking it easy this afternoon. We did, however, stop to have lunch with Daddy today as we were in the neighborhood. Who can resist lunch with his girls?

1 comment:

The Heaton Family said...

Hey Jod,

Hope you are doing well, sounds like you are great! I can't wait until I will get to meet little Anne in person - She's beautiful!