Saturday, June 6, 2009

We've Moved

The starting crew. Jeff, David and Ellen.

So, Ellen arrived last Wednesday and stayed for the week to help us both pack up and get settled. David arrived on Thursday night and was a sherpa for a good three straight days. We couldn't have done it without you both. Thanks!

The rest of the crew, including Paul and Katherine Welander. What a big help!

We've slowly been getting settled into our new digs. Most of the day today was spent cleaning out the apartment and patching a hole in the wall. Tomorrow, all that's left to do is paint the wall and clean the kitchen floor. We'll be very sad to leave Raymond Street for good. We've really enjoyed the neighborhood and the apartment.

My friend, Paula, threw me a baby shower today. It was such a fun time and we have received some wonderful gifts for the Reifenbaby!

Last week my work threw me a surprise baby shower as well. It was really fun as it was a combined shower with another nurse practitioner who is due the day after me!

Hopefully, if I can get things straightened out soon in the baby's room I'll take a picture, but right now, it's a bit of a mess. Thankfully, the crib, changing table and glider are all set to go.

The baby is still breech. Here are the various scenarios as I currently know them, in order of my preference...ha! Like we have a choice.

A: The baby turns and I proceed to natural labor over the next few weeks.
B: I go Wednesday to the hospital for the version and the baby is successfully turned. We go home and wait for natural labor to ensue.
C: I go Wednesday to the hospital, they can't turn the baby. I go home and the baby turns on it's own and we wait for natural labor.
D: They can't turn the baby, I go home and go into labor without my water breaking and they turn the baby just before birth.
E: They can't turn the baby on Wednesday, I go home and my water breaks. I'll then have a c-section.
F: They can't turn the baby on Wednesday, I go home and wait for labor to start which doesn't happen. My doctor returns from vacation and I have a scheduled c-section for June 30th of July 1st.
G: The baby is in some sort of distress on Wednesday when they attempt the version and I have c-section on Wednesday.

So, the possibilities are just about endless. We pray that the outcome will be the same in all events, for a healthy Reifenbaby.

Jen is coming on Tuesday night and will be at the hospital with us for the version. It will be nice to have another medical personnel available.

Here's the latest belly shot.
I'm still feeling pretty good, but definitely noticing more Braxton Hixs today and getting a bit more uncomfortable.

No comments: