Friday, March 18, 2011

Grand Canyon

Over a year ago Jon (Jody's father), Jason (Jaime's husband), Tony (Jason's father), Greg (Jody's Uncle), and I made a reservation at the Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. We were lucky to get one night in a dorm at the ranch. Unfortunately this date fell 3 weeks after Owen's due date. We weren't planning for Jody to come when the plans were originally made, but being so close to Owen's due date did cause a brief panic. Fortunately, Jody is awesome and told me I had to go (everybody thinks I got in trouble for going, but honestly Jody wouldn't even let me discuss the possibility of not going especially after Owen was 2 weeks late and came by c-section).
So off I went with my fellow adventurers on March 7th at the top of the Kaibab trail. We hiked down in about 5 hours taking many breaks for pictures and to just enjoy the stunning view. At the bottom we enjoyed a great steak diner, a bunk bed, some sleep, and a hearty breakfast. It took us about 7.5-8 hours to hike out the next day on the Bright Angel Trail. By the end, I took over 400 pictures with my HD camera. Here are a few of my favorites. Keep in mind that no picture does the Canyon Justice.






No comments: