Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rude Awakenings

I awoke this morning just after 5am to the tune of what sounded like a child choking. Figuring I had better check on Anne, I walked in to find she had been throwing up in her crib...gross! Of course, it was everywhere. In her hair, on her PJs and Teddy. Yuck! I stripped her down and put her in the tub and kindly awoke Jeffer to deal with the bedding and Teddy. Not sure I could have handled that one without vomitting myself.

So, we get her all situated and the bed cleaned up. Back into bed ourselves when I decide I'm hungry and head downstairs for a bowl of cereal. About 20 minutes later...."Jody, can you come up here?" "What happened?" I ask. "Anne just threw up again."

So, round 2 in the tub and bedding change. I ended up just bringing her back downstairs with me in her diaper with a towel close at hand. Not sure what this is all about, perhaps she didn't like her taco meat with sweet corn and carrots. She's had taco meat before though, so I'm hoping this isn't an intestinal bug that lasts a while. We're playing it by ear.

Can I just say...I really hate vomit! I'm already slightly nauseous at baseline, don't need any extra incentives at the moment to upchuck!

Hope you have a great day! Mine is off to a momentous start!